Re: Announcing the Teonaht Webpages

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Sally Caves wrote:

[snipaticum]

> In fact, it's sort of like making, illustrating and publishing your own
> little book.  I can't let it get out of hand... this is the kind of
> thing that can eat up all your time. As for the detailed grammar: that's
> what is my headache right now.  I've changed the section on verbs
> considerably by writing "volitionality" into verbal morphology.
> T. now has a "split nominative": nominative AGENT that performs a
> volitional task, transitive or intransitive, and a nominative PARTICIPANT,
> or non-agent, that participates in an activity that is non-volitional or an
> essential quality.  I'm still working this out,
> so verbs and the copula aren't up there yet.

I remember hearing Rumours of this a while back.  I look forward to seeing
how it turns out!

> Thanks for the feedback.

de rhen.

> (Padraig, btw, binds his own Kernu Grammar books).

And it, too, hopelessly out of date now.  Especially the glossary.  Ay
chihuahua!  It's been about one long story and four shorter texts since
it's last update.  The grammar is one orthographic reform and several
moderately major overhauls out of date.

WARNING!  The book entitled "Kernu Grammar" is, in the opinion of CSB
(Conlang Saftey Bureau), hopelessly out of date.  Close all copies of this
book immediatley, bind with chain and dispose of properly!  The Verbal and
Nominal Paradigms contained therein are known to be unstable and could
spontaneously Conjugate and/or Decline without notice!  This is your final
warning -- flee the vicinity now, and take shelter under the nearest
Dangling Participle; this is the only known way to survive the highly
reactive Grimm-Verner particles. WARNING!

Padraic.