Re: [conculture] Re: New data point for Brithenig time line

Padrig Bryn yscrifef:

> Which reminds me to ask: Who were the kings and or queens of England and
> Kemr around 1590 - 1610;

James II/VI (James I *here*) 1566-1625; crowned King of England and
Scotland 1567 after the abdication of Mary I ("Mary Queen of Scots" *here*).

> and around 1850 - 1860.  I think I remember
> hearing bandied about that some gal named Victoria was queen of England in
> the latter period, but I am now unsure.

Victoria was crowned 1810 after the abdication of her parents
(who may have remained as regents, I don't know her birth and
death dates) and had a long reign, so was certainly still alive
1850-1860.  Married Albert Plantagenet, born de la Pole.

Her younger brother Gereint XI became King of Kemr in the same
year, by the Salic Law.