Re: Calen marth!

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Raymond A. Brown wrote:

> Wearing leeks or daffodils - the latter is more popular :) is most
> certainly done.  But the other what Andrew didn't mention are EISTEDDFODAU.

And what is an eisteddfod but an SESSIWN?!!!

> Throughout Wales today girls will gone to school wearing national costume
I wonder if this this the same as Kemrese national costume - something to
look into.

Like Welsh Brithenig also preserves Peter's Leek as the name for the
daffodil.

The Kemrese are also more conformist than the Welsh, being Cambriese
Catholics, so like the Irish, their national day provides a break from
Lent.

Back to my notes, the thread on slavery on Conculture has lead me to think
about the role of serfdom in Kemrese history.  I should get a email away
to that list sometime soon.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

"Break someone's leg."