Re: Celtic months (was: Some suggestions)

Andrew Smith wrote:

> Another word for the lexicon *kenig (m).  Would it be vital enough to
> knock 'deneir' out of its place as the currency name for the coin, I
> wonder?

Here in the U.S. the money of account has been "cents" for two
centuries, but we still call the coins "pennies" (100 cents make
a dollar, but 100 pennies make a fistful).  Perhaps some
similar effect operates *there*?

FWIW: In Harry Turtledove's alternate history _A Different Flesh_, the
Federated Commonwealths (= the U.S.) use "denaire" as their
dollar-equivalent.