Re: nu alltr e gw alltr?

Rhaifun Bryn yscrifef:

> Indeed, as it stands at the moment Brithenig is not being consistent.  Most
> assuredly if '/'kwatro' --> 'cathr' and '/brit'tanika/ --> 'Brithenig' then
> /ak'kasa/ must become 'a chas'.
>
> Otherwise if 'a cas' is retained then Brithenig should follow its sister
> tongues and reinstate 'catr' and, of course, rename itself 'Britenig' ;)

Brithenig being a conservative language, I conclude then that
"a chas" [@xas] < AD CASAM and "af cas" [@cas] < A CASA.  Of course
the spelling "af" is artificial, probably made consistent at
the revival of learning.

> But I recall that Italian has other prepositions which cause initial
> consonant gemination.  Are there, therefore, other Brithenig prepositions
> which should cause spirant mutation?

Roughly speaking, so-called "raddoppiamento sintattico" occurs
following a word which ends in a stressed vowel, provided the
two words are in close nexus:  "parḷ chiaro" comes out as
[par lok kja ro].