Re: nu alltr e gw alltr?

At 6:04 pm -0500 13/11/98, Padraic Brown wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Raymond A. Brown wrote:
>

>> >That sounds reasonable (for B not to make an inclusive/exclusive
>> >distinction).  What do you think about its manifestation in other ways, as
>> >for example, emphasis or perhaps politeness.
>>
>> If we want to emphasize exclusivity, just as in English it's not uncommon
>> to say "we other" /"us others" or "the of us" and if we want to be
>> inclusive we say "we all" / "us all" or "all of us".
>
>By emphasis I meant not "emphasis of exclusivity" but general emphasis;
>like _*WE*_ v. we.

Sorry - misunderstood.

Both Welsh & the Romancelangs have special set of disjunctive pronouns for
this purpose.  The Welsh ones BTW are:
finnau (south W.)/ minnau (north W.)           ninnau
tithau                                         chithau
yntau (Fr. lui)                                nhwthau
hithau (Fr. elle)

I don't have the current Brithenig grammar at hand, but I imagine Andrew
must have equipped Brithenig with its own set of disjunctive pronouns.