Re: North American affairs

Andrew Smith wrote:

> >Not yet settled, I think.
> Settled as in colonised or settled as in decided?  I thought the Hudson Bay
> Company was active in this period?

As in decided.  But the HB Co. was a trading, not a colonizing,
organization.

> >That was my intention, but I suspect the dates are wrong.  *Here* it
> >is Georgia, named after a George (but which one? gotta look it up).
> >
> What about Jacobia?

Correct.  Georgia was settled in 1733, which *there* was during
the reign of King James III/VII, so "Jacobia" it is.

> I wonder if Mary, Queen of Scots would have the same romantic appeal as
> Queen Mary I of England and Scotland.  I don't think her track record made
> for good government.

I don't think MQS exists *there*; surely Mary I Tudor did not (we've
eliminated the Tudors at least as a royal family).

> So in the early C19 the Atlantic seacoast is divided between Canada in the
> North and the American League in the south.

Well, not really, since the Maritimes are part of the League.