Yscaws

Am marth, 7 Yl 1998, Iewan Llewan yscrifef:

> BTW, I'm trying to figure out the characteristics of Yscaws, the
> Irish-influenced Brithenig dialect spoken in Merseyside.
> Details to follow.

Details of Yscaws that I have discovered are th -> d, and unvoiced stops
-> affricates (c, p, t -> cch, pph, ts).  These features are common to
both sides of the Irish sea.  You might discover other details.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous