Ancient History.

I've been working on a list of Kernow kings and how they fit in with the
Cambrian kings.  There're also some questions I've been thinking about.

Kernow				Cambria (Pagus/Powys until Cambrian unity)

(Most dates approximate, corrections welcome)

Esudamos Senos
(240-280)
Conan Meriatacos    Helena
(280-310)           mother of Flav. Val. Constantinus Mag., undoubtedly
		    the oldest connexion between Cambria and the Eastern
		    Empire.
Caratacos
(310-335)
Rigalobrannus
(335-365)
Tutivalos
(365-395)
Constantinus			Constantinus III, Emp. of Br. and Gaul
(395-430)			(400-411)
Sabrina Magalatuta		Constans Comes Britaniarum
(430-445)			(411-418)
Vortigernos Turccos		The British Republic
[brother of Sabrina]		(418-425)
(445-470)
				Pagusian kings of Pagus
				Vortigernos
				(425-447)
				Vortigernos Britus Vortimeros
				(447-455)
				Vortigernos Vitalinus
				(455-459)
Tutivalos Senos			Ambrosius Aurelianus Vlatos
(470-500)			(460-480)  Ousted the Vortigerns, invited
				the Votadini to immigrate to
				Weneta/Gwynedd, under Cunodagos
				(Cunedda).
				Enniaun Girt Uther Pendragon
				(480-488)
Marccos Cunomoros		Owain Ddantgwyn Arthursus Pendragon
(500-535)			(488-520)
[married Adsiltia, daug. of K.	[Magalocunos either a son or nephew, K.
Sulis of Britanny, younger son	of Weneta/Gwynedd.]
Drustanus fell in love with her
causing certain problems.]
Constantinus Cornovios		Cuneglassos
(535-565)			(530-550)
[married daughter of Voteporix
King of Demetia/Dyfed.]
Urbanos				Broccomalios
(565-590)			(550-580)
Gerontios Heros			Conan Gorgovinnos
(590-625)			(580-598)
[fought the Angles victoriously
at Votadinea/Gododdin.]
				Selyf
				(598-613)
				Cunodrungos
				(613-630)
Marccos Arthursos		Cunodulo
(625-660)			(630-ca.660)
Cunobrannos
(660-705)
Gerontios Orgosaxo
(705-735)
[fought the Saxons victoriously
at Longport in Somerset.]

Now some questions.  I've recently been wondering at the currently given
limits or boundaries of northern Cambria, and how they got that way.  In
particular, what happened to Cumbria and Rheged?

Rheged, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't overrun by the Scots until the 11th
century.  Assuming the good relations between the Cambrian Votadini and
the Votadini still in the homeland (Gododdin), would Cambria have helpped
them against the Scots in later years?  Would that general area (Rheged)
make for a good location and homeland for some Q-Celtic Romance speakers?

What about the land in the middle (Cumbria).  If the Romano-British had
done such a good job at keeping the Anglo-Saxons at bay in the north
(Rheged), the middle (Wales) and the south (Cornwall), it would seem
strange that the same would not also be the case in Cumbria.  Could
Cumbria, then, be the northernmost province of Cambria?  This would
require changing the boundary from the Ribble to Solway Firth at
Luguvallium, while maintaining the Pennines in the east.  Otherwise, could
it be the southernmost province of Scotland?  In any event, they should
likely be Brithenig speakers (though obviously of a rather different
dialect); and like as not culturally north Kemrese as well.

Any thoughts, emmendations, corrections, additions, alien abductions,
comments, criticisms, arguments, etc.?

Padraic.