Re: The Brzhona.

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Frank George Valoczy wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Padraic Brown wrote:
>

> > If the French Revolution *there* unfolded with the same particulars as
> > *here* and with the same ideologies, etc.; then this scenario seems
> > possible.  I put forward the possibility of a union between Britany and
> > Kemr -- the one _is_ a colony after all! -- which would dampen things a
> > bit for the French.  [If this becomes official!]  In any event, the
> > Brzhona should have moved off to the Low Countries long before the French
> > could grasp them with their greedy little claws.  This would leave them at
> > the mercy of the nascent Dutch; leaving those that remain in Britany to
> > contend with the French, whichever way they may be oriented with respect
> > to the Motherland.
>
> I do like the idea of said union, but how would that affect the
> Netherlandic Brzhona?  The rising Dutch wouldn't having just won
> independence from the Spanish, want to give up part of their Vaderland to
> yet another invader, now would they?  But the Brzhona who left left in the
> 11th/12th centuries, well before the revolution in France, and well before
> the Dutch revolution.  Perhaps their presence in the low countries would
> alter in some way the direction and outcome of the Dutch revolution.  As
> for the Brzhona who did not leave, I would assume that by the time of the
> French revolution they had been assimilated into French or whatever
> culture/linguistic group was the majority in the area.

Of course, the Transbritannic Union wouldn't affect the Netherlandic
Brzhona at all...they're on their own.  The only effects would be on the
stay-at-home Brzhona; and they would probably be assimilated to or heavily
influenced by the larger Breotow population.  They would also very likely
inject some of their cultural "stuff" into the larger Breotow culture.

I know nothing of Dutch history, so I can't speak at all for the effects
of the Nederlandic Brzhona.  They should, I believe, have quite an
interesting effect.

> -------ferke
> Ferenc Gy. Valoczy

Padraic.