Re: The Brzhona.

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, John Cowan wrote:

> Rhaifun Bryn yscrifef:
>
> > France may still be a monarchy *there* for all I know!  (And the
> > Holy Roman Empire might be around??)
>
> The French Revolution happens on schedule (perhaps inspired somewhat
> by a failed rebellion in the British N.A. colonies, I don't know),
> because Napoleon happens on schedule; he is the impetus for the
> Federation.

Does the Fr. Rev. of *there* happen in an identical fashion?  Also, what
is the impetus for the N.A. rebellion?  Are the ideals identical?  [The
USA *here* had extremely lofty elements (you know, all that "utopian"
stuff in the Declaration and, eventually in the Constitution) parcelled
along with the pragmatic stuff (unfair taxation, other monetary and social
issues, etc.).]  If, as I suspect, Cambria was more tolerant and
understanding of the colonies' needs, then the rebellion may well be
entirely pragmatic (perhaps over issues of territorial expansion,
representation, trade, quartering of soldiers, etc.).  Hardly the stuff to
impress or inspire the Thinkers behind the Fr. Rev.

Also, would the Fr. Rev. *there* necesarily entail both chapters (the
First Revolution _and_ the Second) and all the bloody details?  As I
understand it, the monarchy remained (although was restructured) until
1792.

If the Rev. happens differently, does Napo still end up holding the reins?
Is there a Nelson to counteract him?  If so, how?

Padraic.