Re: Modern History and the Brzhona, etc.

I understand and would have to agree with much of what Padraic says, But:
Were there not some war second war in Europe, and hence no Cold War, there
wouldn't be a cold war, because what the founders of the Sobjeta
Rrwspwvlyka wanted would have come true, and Europe would all be Soviet
states.  Unless of course someone had the foresight to see what the
Soviets were planning, and something like the EU and NATO were formed, but
with only European nations as members, because there would have had to
have been some togetherwork between the Western Europeans to safeguard
themselves against Soviet expansionist ideas.  So, whether the US exists
*there* or not, whether WWII happened or not, the USSR does (or did)
exist, and
therefore Soviet/Russian expansionist ideas do as well, which, if we want
to maintain our culture and heritage, must be countered.

-------ferke
Ferenc Gy. Valoczy

                      Es to pilni'gi noliedzu!

personal page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/7482/