Re: Numbers

quod attinet ad numeros:

> > Please, everyone else, post your languages'
> > numbers too!

In Kernu:

cardinal                ordinal
1 yen                   il prims
2 dew (m), daw (f)      il secund
3 trew (m), traw (f)    il ters
4 cuedwar               il quarteme
5 cynck                 il quinteme
6 sey                   il sesteme
7 sech                  il septeme
8 oech                  il oechteme
9 naw                   il nawenteme
10 deck                 il deceme
11 yendeck              il onseyeme
12 dawdeck              il dawseyeme
13 trawdeck             le ndrawdeck
14 cuedwardeck          le ngwedwardeck
15 cyntheck             le cyntheck
16 yenicyntheck         il prims-e-cyntheck
17 dawicyntheck         il secund-e-cyntheck
18 trawicyntheck        il ters-e-cyntheck
19 cuedwaricyntheck     il quartem-e-cyntheck
20 wyghaint             le wyghaint
21 yeniwyghaint         il prims-e-wyghaint
...                     ...
100 cent                le cent
...                     ...
1000 mil                le mil

>From here it's pretty straightforward.  Only one through twelve and their
compounds have proper ordinal forms.  All the other numbers are simply the
cardinal with difinite article.

Distributives           Adverbials
1 uno                   sen
2 bino                  bis
3 trino                 ter
4 cuederno              cuat
5 cueno                 cynckens
6 senno                 sesens
7 septenno              sechens
8 oeckeno               oechens
9 nono                  nawens
10 deno                 decens
11 yendeno              yendecens
12 dewdeno              dewdecens
13 trewdeno             trewdecens
14 cuedwardeno          cuedwardecens
15 cynckdeno            cynckdecens
16 seydeno              seydecens
17 sechdeno             sechdecens
18 oechdeno             oechdecens
19 nawdeno              nawdecens
20 whygeno              wygens
100 centeno             centens
...                     ...
1000 mileno             milens

Distributives are 'one-by-one', etc.  In formal writing they can be used
as cardinals; and indeed one of the Province's governing bodies is called
'y reys dewdeno lor nkernovi', The Twelve Kings of Kernow.  The adverbials
are 'once', etc.

The military retains some odd numerical forms that pertain to Ranks and
Legions:

primares, first rank            primanes, First Legion
secundares, second rank         secundanes, Second Legion
tersares, third rank            tersanes, Third Legion
&c.                             &c.

For the Gamblers and Card Sharps amongst us, the pips on dice and cards
get their own set of numbers:

1 unea
2 binea
3 trinea
4 cuartea
5 cynckea
6 sestea
7 settea
8 ottea
9 nonea
10 deckea

In dice, 'nedera' refers to two ones, or snake eyes.

I haven't done fractions or anything else Mathematical yet.

Padraic.