Re: Request for everyone

Padraic has given us the travellers kit for south of the Limestone Hills,
but in the Home Provinces and the north Comroig differs from Kernu:

> >> Do you speak English?
>
> parls ty le zawznoech? [formal]
> (speaks thou the English?)
> dos ay il cant zawzu? [colloquial]
> (to thee is there the English tongue?)

Parola'gw Saesonig?  (Ty to a stranger!  That's familiar language!)
Speak-you English?

> >> Do you speak [insert your conlang]
>
> parls ty la ngernu? [formal]
> (speaks thou Kernu?)
> dos ay il cant kernu? [colloquial]
> (to thee is there the Kerno tongue?)

Parola'gw Brithenig?
Speak-you Welsh?

> >> I don't speak [insert your conlang]
>
> eo ne parlam mech la ngernu.
> (I don't speak at all the Kerno.)
> don-nay rhen il cant kernu.
> (to me there is not any bit (of) the Kerno tongue.)

Eo mharol rhen di Frithenig.
I (NEG)speak not of Brithenig.

> >> I am from [insert your country]
>
> amme dil Pays Kemru.
> (Me, I'm from Cambria.)

Eo su di Ghemr.
I am from Kemr.

> >> Where is the bathroom?
>
> in ce que parts ys at, il pissoers? [assuming a public loo]
> (in what place it is, the public loo?)

K'log es-sa ill ystafl baen?
Where is-she the room bath?
(ill ystafl baen is literally the room with a bath in it, if you were
wanting to relieve or refresh yourself you could ask for ill tuileth, or
ill pissiadur)

>> Where is a good restaurant?
>
> in ce que parts ys at, yn ndawerns mboun?
> (in what place it is, a restaurant good?)

K'log es-sa yn bon restawrant?
Where is-she a good restaurant?

> >> Do you understand?
>
> ty mi comprwnis, si?
> (thou me understands, yes?)

Comprenne'gw?
Understand-you?

> >> I don't understand.
>
> no, eo ne thy comprenu mech.
> (no, I don't understand thee one iota.)

Eo nghomprenn rhen
I (NEG) understand not

> >I want to see some countryside.
>
> il wether le mbays ys dom mblecherew.
> (to see the country it me would please.)

Eo wol gathar ill dors di'll paes
I want to-see the back of-the country.
or:
Eo doirew gathar ill dors di'll paes.
I like(conditional) to-see the back of-the country.

> >How do I get there from here?
>
> komo eo alla deci moniso?
> (how I thither from here shall go?)

Co wa-eo a lla di gi?
How go-I to there from here?

> >Where could I get some good [insert representative conlang food]
>
> in cel que parts eo lo lochrab-el, cel alch nges ndostu?
> (in what place I it shall get it, some o' that there caws pobi?)

K'log bod-eo llugrar yn bon ges tostad?
Where can-I obtain some good toasted cheese (Amen, ffradr!)

> >I want my [insert familial noun: parent/slave/consort] to buy me that
> >[insert contraption of choice].
>
> il comprar-el cel cest kyempoer-y-car de la mewa gwena, cel ort,
> dom-blecherew ce.
> (the buying of that there thing-a-ma-jig by my wife, the slegehammer
> there, that would please me.)

Eo wol mew ffuin comprar-mi ill marthel lla.
I want my wife to-buy-me the hammer there.
(Eo wol rhen saber in alch perch Padraic gwol yn marthel!)

> >Is this or isn't this a dark planet, Sir?
>
> ke?
> (eh?)

Yn blaned, Padraic, ty sab, alch gos ke wa am yn sul, sifil lla der.

Es-yst o es-yst rhen yn blaned yscyr, maistr?
Is-this or is-this not a planet dark, sir?

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>
Life is short, so am I...