Re: Flags (Re: Spoken Conlangs)

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Clinton Moreland-Stringham wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Orjan Johansen wrote:
>
> > I think the rules are something like: only two colors (although white may
> > not count) and only one motive.
>
>         Don't know for sure, but I imagine that this isn't true, given the
> number of three and four-colored falgs out there (Ireland, Italy, most of
> the African countries...)

Still more speculation from here...

I think these are the heraldic rules of the middle ages, and may have been
ignored for many new modern flags.  I just assumed that they would have to
apply to the Brithenig flag, coming from a state founded in the first
millennium.

Greetings,
Ørjan.

--
"For some reason I feel more at peace now, just knowing that there are
people out there who have completely unraveled the mysteries of