CELT: Comro vs. Kemran (was: Conaccents)

Patricius Brown scripsit:

> Is this a distinction between Brithenig (Standard) and Provincial; or
> between Brithenig (any dialect) and nonbrithenig (English, for example)?

It's a distinction between the Comro nation/ethnos and the Kemran state,
like the distinction between the Chinese state and the Han people
who live there.  There are non-Han who are Chinese (the Zhuang,
the Mongols, the Uighur, etc. etc.), and there are Han who are
not "Chinese" because they live in other countries.

> If the latter, then the kernu have a similar distinction: Comru vs.
> Kemrans.  If the former, then we can throw in "cherma", meaning a person
> from Kernow who speaks the dialect; in apposition to Comru.

I think that is the right thing.

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
                Clear all so!  'Tis a Jute.... (FW 16.5)