Re: Hello!

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Geoff Eddy wrote:

> This foundered for various technical reasons, but I suspect a similar
> idea might well fit into the Brithenig alternate world to investigate
> the alternate Q-Celtic languages which would have arisen... does anyone
> want to kick some ideas around?

That's a good idea, it's one I have wondered about in the past.  If you
haven't seen it try reading An Introduction to the Celtic Languages by
Paul Russel, (1996).  It was helpful in giving the effects of sound
changes and mutations in P-Celtic, and I think it coverage of Q-Celtic
should be just as good.  At a guess I should say your university library
somewhere in Edinburgh would have it, if not then they should be shot.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous