Re: Alternative history - a plea!

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Raymond A. Brown wrote:

> This reminds me that two years or so back someone was engaged in another
> alternative history/ language project.  This imagined Muslims actually
> establishing themselves in Provance and a romance influenced Arabic lang
> developing there.  It was one of our female colleagues, but I don't recall
> which one now.

I found the original message in my Conlang file.  It is Kristina Mairi
Buhrman <kmb19@cornell.edu>.  She addressed An Arabic/French language.  I
don't know if she continued her correspondence with Conlang after that.
It would be interesting to see if she developed that language.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous