Re: Mormonides

>I spent all my life avoiding instant coffee until I discovered perculated
coffee.
>With milk for me please!

Good man!  Too many people have bought into the drip coffee thing (or worse
yet, pressed coffee).  Nothing tastes as good as percolated coffee.  Milk
and sugar for me, though.

>Beware the Men in Black who come on bikes, I was
>accosted three times last year but they have been quiet since.

New York City, being truly the megalopolis that it is, affords many
opportunities to be evangelized on the hoof.  On any given day, walking
around the campus of New York University (my alma mater), I can count on
being saved by Campus Crusaders for Christ, Nichiren Shoshu Buddhists, Jews
for Jesus, Scientology, as well as the afore-mentioned Witnesses, Mormons,
and Adventists.

>>I will be hosting the Chief of the British Druid Order at my humble home
in >the hills this fall.
>>I've been telling him about Brithenig, and his curiosity is beginning to
bubble.
>>Who knows?  Solstice rites in Brithenig!

Ray,

I believe that the group which used to celebrate at Stonehenge is the
Ancient Order of Druids.  I don't think anyone is allowed to celebrate
there anymore.  The British Druid Order is a rather relaxed group of
like-minded neo-pagans who share druidic practices.  There is also the
Order of Bard, Ovates and Druids, in which I am an initiate member, which
is more formal, has an excellent studies program, and numbers several
thousands of members worldwide.

>Suggestions for TYB are welcome.  Although it can only be an attentive
>version.

Are you familiar with Buntus Cainte, the tape course in Irish produced by
Gael-Linn around 10 years ago?  I think the design of the course is
brilliant.  It consists of a short dialogue, followed by the English
translation, a few funny line drawings, and a short vocabulary.  The whole
thing can be digested in a half hour, but it sticks with you.

>I think I have seen the Alternative History Peter referred to, but I don't
>have the site reference.

I think this was Ray's reference.

Peter

I still miss my man...