Re: Mormonides

Hi Peter,
[...]
>My father was not well-versed in Mormon metaphysics enough to know about
>the sin of coffee.  Let's forgive him that,

Forgive what? his not knowing about Mormans' aversion to coffee (I like
mine strong, bitter & black & am thankful I'm not a Mormon everytime I
drink it ;-) or his offering them coffee?  Anyway, nothing to forgive as
far as I can see.

>considering he'd just knocked
>back a six-pack of  Seventh-Day Adventists the day before.

You have to go hunting for them in the UK if you want to such things.  At
least the JWs save you effort & come to your door as - very occasionally in
the UK - Mormons do, always in pairs as far as I can tell.

>I will be hosting the Chief of the British Druid Order at my humble home in
>the hills this fall.

I get confused by the different Druid orders.  Are they the ones who
celebrate the summer solstice annually at Stonehenge?

>I've been telling him about Brithenig, and his
>curiosity is beginning to bubble.  Who knows?  Solstice rites in Brithenig!

Or an America Celticlang.  What happened to the followers of the Welsh
Prince Madog who according to legend sailed westward to America sometime I
think in the (late) middle ages?  (Must check the date!)  Some maintain
that one of native American peoples - the Mandans?? - took a lot of Welsh
into their language.  But mightn't there have survived a Celticized
American people in an alternative history  ;-)

>For those of us, christian or pagan, who haven't kicked the prayer habit
>yet, there is a wonderful little book by Caitlin Matthews called Celtic
>Devotional.  It can be used by anyone for whom the Divine is real.

Most certainly the Divine is real - I have no doubt.

>Speaking of which, would someone venture a translation into Brithenig of
>this little gem?
>
>"O Greatness hear, o Brightness hark, leave us not little nor yet dark."

Alas, I don't have a Brithenig dictionary.  Andrew?

Heddwch,
Ray.

Written in Net English                 Humor not marked
No intentional misreprsentation of another's statements
No intentional ad_hominem remarks

Gerasko d'aei polla didaskomenos (SOLON)