Re: Arthur

Hi all,

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Andrew Smith wrote:

> The Goons are good (Ys es gaddad in lla ag!), I shall always be
> Bluebottle.  I grew up in a generation that first heard the radio version
> of The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy though.  I am also a Pratchett
> fan.

How do we say "Why not try the 'All-you-can-gobble-for-a-dollar' special
at Sham Harga's House of Ribs" and "All-you-can-scrape-from-the-midden-for
-a-penny" in Brithenig? ;^)

> Mui, a scholar!?  I would be the first to deny it.  I love to read and
> research and that is what I have done.  In my Bibliography I admit the

And this is precisely what a scholar does.

> creation of the Brithenig language was not an original idea, I merely
> experimented with it.  I also like creating alternative history out a love
> for that particular science fiction subgenre.  I'm not being totally
> subjective - the Chomro would have properly had as little chance staying
> independant as the Cymru.

Fortunately, Worldbuilders are allowed considerable leeway in how close or
how far from "reality" they stand; as well as how many fiats they are
allowed.

> - andrew.

Padraic.