Re: American dialect of Brithenig

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Sally Caves wrote:

> eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries?  No American revolution?  Is that
> the
> clincher?  I guess I need to know more about early Brithenig history and
> philosophy... how much wiser they must be than our ancestors.

All we can say at the moment is that that even did not occur at that time.

> I presume, too, that there was also no "White Man's Burden," and that
> India and other countries were left to themselves.

The FK may not have expanded into to the Pacific the same way British
explorers did here.  They already had North America to dispose of excess
population into.  The origins of the White Man's Burden are caused by
another colonial initiative, old John Company and the trade struggles in
the subcontinent between the Europeans in the dying years of the Moghul
Empire.

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

	Lo! thy dread empire, Chaos! is restored;
	Light dies before thy uncreating word:
	Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
	And Universal Darkness buries All.
			- Alexander Pope, The Dunciad, Book IV.