Re: American dialect of Brithenig

Sally Caves wrote:
> Yikes, and forgive me; I seem to have forgotten the most important
> element
> of the Brithenig empire, GULP!!  (head beating)... and that is that
> there IS no Spanish, eh???  That the British and the Romance languages
> have become absorbed in an important and influential empire early on?

No, no.  The other Romance languages and their associated nation-states
are alive and well.  *That* universe has in general a little more
tolerance for "polynomic" standards than *this* one, is all: Occitan
and Catalan are doing better *there* than *here*, as is (obviously)
Brithenig.  But politically, locality counts for more than language:
the closest ties of the Kingdom of Kemr are to other British
states.

--
	John Cowan	http://www.ccil.org/~cowan	cowan@ccil.org
Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! / Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau,