Re: [conculture] Government structure

From: Andrew Smith <hobbit@mail.earthlight.co.nz>

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Padraic Brown wrote:

> The process _undoubtedly_ consists of many hours spent mulling over the
> Candidates' shortcommings in the pub; fantastically ludicrous political
> goblety-gook that only a certified numbskull would buy; and any number of
> marches and rallies conducted, especially, by the nationalist parties.

The process is obscured by the fact that I don't know how the mechanics
of entry into the House of Lords works since it changed from a hereditary
body into a democratic body.  The House of Commons works on the principle
of one voter, one vote; the party with the most number of elected
candidates then wins and becomes the government.  The electral system
remains first past the post.
  I don't consider the nationalists that disproportionately LOUD.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

	Lo! thy dread empire, Chaos! is restored;
	Light dies before thy uncreating word:
	Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
	And Universal Darkness buries All.
			- Alexander Pope, The Dunciad, Book IV.