Re: mental masturbation

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, John Cowan wrote:

> "menstyrffredion (< MANUSTUPRATIONEM) mentel", I think.

I was going for "masturbediwn fental" (f), but "manystuprediwn fental"
would also fit, with my vote going to the second one.  The words seem to
be a Learned Borrowing.  Among Brithenig's other vulgarities the earthy
phrase _ffyder ill pygn_ should be added.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

        Lo! thy dread empire, Chaos! is restored;
        Light dies before thy uncreating word:
        Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
        And Universal Darkness buries All.
                        - Alexander Pope, The Dunciad, Book IV.