Re: Teonaht Recipe Page (WAS: A Request for Ray)

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Sally Caves wrote:

> > On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Clinton Moreland-Stringham wrote:
> >
> >  Actually, nothing has come of it yet. I don't have enough recipes to make
> >  a book...
> >

> It depends on how ambitious you are,Clinton!  Do you intend for this to
> be a book book, or just a webpage hypertext?  If the latter, then you
> could have a fancy front page with links to our recipes.  Maybe a
> little blurb that will set someone's mouth watering and make him/her
> want to click on the link!  Irina's nutball recipe is on her webpage,
> and I'm getting my recipe page together (still only the Tyzwya).
> You have your rowanberry jelly, Ferki has something that I think
> I might have saved, and now it depends on the rest of you language
> cobblers to send us something.  Surely within this sea of Conlang males
> are some creative cooks out there?  The recipes don't have to be
> doable--what if your concultures eat things that are poisonous to us
> humans?  Include them anyway!  I've made a short list of all the exotic
> foods I can't get from Teonhea, including the stuff that gives you
> clairvoyence, inspires early erotic memories, and so forth, but--hey--
> I've learned to work with what this earth has.

I've still got a couple of Kernow recipes around somewhere.  For example,
I'm trying to sort out how to make 'agremen', a seasoning used in certain
parts of the country, and is made from strong vinegar, salt, pepper, etc.

I think it's supposed to be a powder, or possibly a very thick syrup; but
have to sort out a good way to get the vinegar to do what I want, without
being poisonous!  The agremen should dance a lively jig on the tongue, not
burn through. :)

Padraic.