Re: shopping list's too long...

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Andrew Smith wrote:

> I don't translate passages out of written works very often, although I
> would like to have a go at the short chapter in "The Romulan Way" by Diane
> Duane on Romulan Elemental Religion.  When I have access to a video I like
> to stop movies so I can copy down the subtitles so I can work on them
> later.

I suppose this is Star Trek?

> The musical list is still sitting in my hard drive, Padriac.  I must give
> it another look over.  I remember thinking at the time it had a kernu accent,
> but I would have to look at it again.

Well, I should hope some of it would!  As there was a list in Kernu, and a
list in Brithenig.  I tried _desperately_ not to mix the two; but seems I
shall never shake that dialect business.

> There are a lot more than those three queries, but I will go and look up
> my usual sources and come back and frighten people.

I figured -- a shopping list with _only_ lettuce, vegemite, weet-bix and
salami is what's frightening!!

> Haven't started dreaming in Brithenig, yet.

I did the other night.  I recall standing before this big chalk board
trying to teach this little girl how to speak (and write) B.  I recall
that the lesson dealt with boys singing to their cats.  Not the first time
I've had constructed dreams. ;-)

Padraic.