Re: Judean Romancelang Plans

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Steg Belsky wrote:

> Great....i guess i really should have waited a while before starting this
> insane project :)  Bookstore, here i come...

One of the best books I can recommend is _The Romance Languages_ by
W.D. Elcock.  It gave me a great introduction for Brithenig when I was
ignorant of the mechanics of Romance grammar, although I had to read it
very carefully in some passages to get the gist of it.  But no other book
I have read is so thorough or so universal.  It was originally produced as
part of a language series by Faber & Faber in 1960.  Another author has
since revised it but my local library has Elcock's edition which I refer
to religiously.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       hobbit@earthlight.co.nz
Q. Why are there so many Smiths in the Phone Book?
A. Because they all have telephones!