Son of dZ

I have finally got around to looking at _An Introduction to the Celtic
Languages_ (1995) and reading the section on orthography.  To recap
Brithenig has a voiced final fricative which needs to be distinguished
from -g, the voiced velar stop when final.  What I've read suggests that
this would be -j (so ffelij).  The evidence: Welsh has borrowed j for all
positions from English; one orthography for Breton, the Orthographie
universitaire, uses specifically it for word final -dZ#, and Manx has j
for /dj/ in an orthography created for that language by a native Welsh
speaker.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

"Break someone's leg."