Re: Denarii (was: Celtic months)

Just to add a bit to this discussion and a greeting to all, let me point
out one of my favorite words, QUINCUNX, any figure of the type
 			o	o
			o       o
such as the symbol for 5 on a die.  It is an abbreviation for 5/12ths of
a pound of 12 ounces, i.e., 5 oz., but it has managed to stay alive onits
own merits.
I just wish there were more opportunities to use it.
And...just for fun, the real name for the symbol "#" which is often
called the "pound sign" is the OCTOTHORPE, for which I have documentation
as originating in Bell Labs.  Just thought you'd like to know.
Best wishes to all,
John