Re: Memberlang Pages

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, John Fisher wrote:

> Just as a starter, here's a paragraph which might contain a few
> problemettes:
>
> FLIGHT

(slight snippage)

> after the custom of the North.

It strikes me that one problemette in rendering this, is regarding customs
and norms of this sort.  Two ways of rendering this phrase can be (in
Kernu): commy chomrews (in the fashion of the Comroig), when the style is
eccentric but not truly outlandish; commy h-alben (in the fashion of the
Scots), if the style is quite strange.  Everyone else in the world is a
Bloody Foreigner, and their bizare fashions may be described with commys
tourcces (it's a bit Turkish).  In other words, it might be nice to know a
bit about the two implied cultures: the narrator's and the prophet's; and
how odd crowblack hair is.

A neat story, though, and I'll definately work on it!

Padraic.