Re: joining concultures,was Re: Alternative histories andparalele universes

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Carlos Thompson wrote:

> If Lemuraki and Hangkerim had percived Cambria as an enemy would have probably attact
> Castreleon.  Hangkerim did not invade, and Lemuraki troops just occupied the
> territory, thy did not stablished long term institutions.

Probably they would have.  Anglo-Kemrese history had been peaceful for
some time before the American occupation.  Moreover Brithenig speaking
colonies existed side by side with English speaking colonies.  The Act of
Federation merely legitimated a status quo against an outside threat
(the Napoleonic wars).

> For me it fits... it seams it doesn't for John Cohan.  I've been working on how a map
> would show borders today and there are a great state east of Mississippi of European
> descendents, and Lemuraki and other American countries at the West, of the Mississippi
> and Ohio rivers, and Quebec and territories that belong to Denmark-Norway and Russia
> at the North... probably it would be very incompatible with the universe Chomros live
> in.

At this stage I am happy to allow Brithenig to exist in a shared conlang
timeline, but reserve the right for Brithenig enthusiasts to continue to
develop our own alternative history.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       hobbit@earthlight.co.nz
Q. Why are there so many Smiths in the Phone Book?
A. Because they all have telephones!