Re: Humorous Brithenig translation project.

The Chomro have this saying:
	Eo nhif rhen di Ddew,
	Eo nhif rhen di'll Diawl;
	Sulfent eo dif llo Cherno
	Cann ys pharolan Comroig!
(I don't fear God/I don't fear the Devil/I only fear the Kernowmen/when
they speak Brithenig!)

While I liked the joke, and I'm intending on putting a version on the
homepage, I would be remiss if I didn't point out a few things.

Some words and mutations were not King's Comroig: In Castreleon they say
poder not pother and use the soft mutation more often than the aspirant.
They also use the nasal mutation instead of preposing ne/n', if the nasal
mutation can't be used then ne/n' just simply disappears.  Also Brithenig
uses the verb calfar, to stop doing something, as a translation of
"don't!"  There were other words and constructions that I suspect of being
from a Kernu influence rather than Standard Brithenig.

B+

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz
MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of top soil
and the fact that it rains - Anon.