Modern History

I think I have figured out who (or rather, what dynasty) sits on the
Thrones of Westminster and Scone today.

As we have established, after Henry VII Stuart died without heirs male,
his daughter and the current King of Cambria, Costantin ???, jointly
held all three thrones.  Their eldest daughter (who I have called
Maria and Alicia) assumed the English/Scottish throne with her
previously unnamed husband, whereas the eldest son/second child
Gereint took the Cambriese throne.

Like most royals, Victoria Maria Alicia had lots of names, but she
took the throne as "Victoria" and reigned till old age.
Her husband was a member of the minor English peerage named
Albert de la Pole, with both military and mercantile ancestors.
Early in Victoria's reign, Albert resumed, by Royal Proclamation,
the name of his ancestral family, which then became the dynastic
name of Victoria's descendants, including the current Monarch.

The name?

Plantagenet.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org