Re: Celtic Stories (something to talk about)

Clinton Moreland-Stringham wrote:

> > hand, and six hundred with the left.  Strong women goddesses, like Medb
>                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>         As opposed to the man goddesses, I suppose. ;}

Ahem.  That is "(strong women) goddesses", not "strong (women goddesses)".
Although the latter is not totally redundant either:  "women goddesses"
could mean "goddesses worshipped principally by women".

> > usually only three lines long, that encapsulate portions of the narrative.
> > In Welsh they're called _englynion_.  I forget what they're called in
> > Irish.
>
>         roscanna?

I vaguely remember the terms "rosc" and "retoiric" from the intro
to Kinsella's _Tain_.  BTW, if anybody wants to know what
a Celtic story is, *that's* what it is.