history

	I don't know how many of you have read the Aelya page, but here's
a question that's related...

	I REALLY like the alt histories you'vw devised for your various
langs, and mine involves a bit of one too. But, from the simple
description below, what would you all suggest I do to flesh it out? Areas
of history to focus on, things to include, effects of history on lang, and
so on. Any help is appreciated...

	Basically, the theory behind Aelya is this:

	Beforever, There was a battle between the Alder-god and the
Ash-god. The battle lasted nine days and nights, but eventually, the
Ash-god overpowered the Alder and forced him out of The Island. The
Alder-god fled, along with a significant portion of the sidhe/faery
population of the area, and quite a few deities as well, whose
methodologies would have been repressed under the Ash-god's rule (The
Morrigan, Tlachtga and Mog Ruith, all of Lugh's foster mothers, Boann,
Sinend, Fionn macCumhail, and so on).
	In a boat conjured from a Willow leaf, they made their way to the
new land (America, of course), and had begun to settle in when they
discovered that the Ash-god followed. Naturally, the battle began again,
but this time, the Alder-god, with new resources and sheer desperation,
defeated the Ash. Their magical battle took place on the Fourth of July
(can you tell an American wrote this?;) and the fireworks reflect the
eldritch lights of that battle.
	Aelya, is the language of the faery, who are recognized and seen,
and studied by sociologists as are any minority groups. It is based on
their native ancient lang, Quenya, with some Sindarin (from their eastern
cousins on GB's isle (I.e. the faery of Scotland and especially wales),
modified with lots of Eirish, and with features picked up from native
american tribes, Old norse, and various other places (including fantasy
novels - the faery love to play with their language, and consciously
modify it all the time).
	So, where do i go from here? Eventually, I want to reference
"alternate reality" publications in my grammar, along with interesting
historical notes.

	Clinton