Re: Something to talk about.

Andrew Fferreir yscrife:

> > Kemrese Althistorical Note: It has occured to me that with the creation of
> > the Federated Kingdoms in 1805 and the death of King Henry of England and
> > Scotland in 1807 that the current king of Cambria succeded the Stuart
> > dynasty as the King of the Federated Kingdoms of England, Scotland and
> > Cambria.  It was a rare occasion in British history as the Princess
> > Charlotte technically became Queen of England and Scotland and sat beside
> > her husband King Constantine of Cambria, the only period in Kemrese
> > history when the court in Castreleon was presided over by a Queen Regnant!

It didn't last, though.  The respective Parliaments, fearing that the
united monarchy would become too strong for them, forced Constantine
to re-divide the kingdoms according to the traditional lines.
Constantine's eldest son Gereint inherited the Cambriese throne as
expected.  However, the thrones of Winchester and Scone passed to the
King's eldest child Maria.  (Alicia was debarred by the Salic Law
from her Cambriese inheritance.)  After Constantine's death, it was
settled jointly on Maria and her husband (but who was he?).

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.