Re: Creating Phonology (N.A. Indian Languages, Part 2.)

> Try going to <http://www.bucknell.edu/~rbeard/grammars.html>. It's full
> of links to grammars of lots and lots of languages (including
> PHONOLOGIES). I know at least Potawatomi is there, and there's also
> Cheyenne, which I think is Iroquoian (sp?). There are also lots of others
> I can't remember now.

Thanks, that's a useful page.

> I don't see how doing the below would necessarily lead to the above.

Well, I really don't know how to go about it. Since the main purpose of this is to generate words that the players in my game will be able to pronounce and which will evoke a Native American 'feel', it just seemed to be a good start.

The process of putting together more than a few words by hand seems daunting. That's one reason why I'm interested in the "process" of generating words. It seems to be logical to program a computer to do it, or use existing software.

Ben Krauskopf