Re: Spoken Conlangs

scripsit Petro respondens Sally, ante Kal Apr viii:

> Ask the inventors of Tokana and Elet Anta.  Teonaht?  In a little while.
> I used to teach it to my girlfriends when I was a kid.  It was easier
> then.  Can I get back to you on this? ;-)  I'm still concocting a working
> vocabulary.  Go read my recipes, and tell me if you think this is a doable
> language.  You'd be the only one reading them, apparently!  !!  Come on
> you GUYS... certainly some of your people, however alien their tongues,
> COOK, don't they?  Clinton and I would love to see some outlandish dishes
> or do your folk only booze and take drugs?  (unmarked humor)  My recipes
> taste good, but they're for humans.  Come on Nik, what do the Kizval eat?
> Matt? what's a good feast for the Tokana?  And Brad, you're going to have
> to do something innovative for the Feorran.  Penguins and algae could be a
> real ritual.  Kristian, what about the Lumanesians?  What about the
> Brithenig, Padraic and Andrew?  Do they combine laverbread and linguini?

Actually, that's not too far off from one of the first questions I asked
of Andrew, regarding Brithenig's accent: [fake italian accent ON] "Hey!
wadda you wan wid you cawl an bara brith, heh?" [fake Italian accent OFF].

Doggone it!  I'd love to provide some recipes (I do love to cook, and I
think I saved yours, somewhere around here!), but I don't know enough
about the cullinary culture yet.  Calendars, roads, the legal lingo, the
Railway; that I can handle, but I suppose the Komro are yet a nation
without food.  :'^(  I suppose I'll have to get on the stick!

> ;-)  Caws pobi and antipasto?  Quetz, you hate verbs: how would you say
>
> > Peter C. Skye
> > New York City
>
> First conlanger remotely close to my neck of the woods. Except for Tim.

Not too awful far from me either.  Only two hours and fiftynine civilised
minutes away!

> Greetings, Sally
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Sally Caves