Re: Hello!

John Cowan sgribhse:

> I can recommend _A History of the French Language_ by Peter Rickard
> (2nd ed., 1983, Routledge, ISBN 0-415-10887-X pb).

Funny... I have this too; it doesn't go into as much detail as the
Spanish and Italian though. Are there any texts about Portuguese?

In the two hours since my last post I've had some flashes of insight
concerning Breathanach, in case anyone's interested...

Geoff
--
[] Anna laughed with delight         <> Geoff Eddy, somewhere in
Edinburgh.. []