Re: The Federated Kingdoms

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Padraic Brown wrote:

> Well, that's a Kernow name; but you're welcome to it!  I think the
> Brithenig tongue use Iwen or Ioan or some such unpronouncable combination.
> Don't even _ask_ how they might mangle Sellches! ;^)

Without knowing the history behind the name I would say Jowan could keep
this name as Sellches but would have to explain that it was Kernow and
spell it everytime someone had to write it down.  It could be spelled as
Selches or Selkes (I'm not sure of the Kernow pronunciation of -ch-) in
Brithenig.  Without knowing how Jowan pronounces his name in English
Schilke could be phonetically spelt as Scilc or Scilke in Brithenig.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous