Re: Alternative history - a plea!

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Raymond A. Brown wrote:

> Please, whatever you do with your alternative history, please ensure the
> Gaels are treated more kindly *there* than they have been *here*.  Can you
> avoid depopulating the Highlands & let the Irish keep their own language?
> It's a small request to compensate for the loss of Welsh, Cornish & Breton.

We can do that.  The benign indifference with which the Chomro ruled
Ireland could mean that Irish Gaelic remained in a healthier position than
*Here*.  I should point out though that the extinction of the Brythonic
languages was one of the earliest points we agreed on.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith					<hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>

MAN, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many
accomplishments; still owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil
and the fact that it rains.
							   - Anonymous