Re: Alternative history - a plea!

Eo yscrifef:

> Quite so, but probably not without leaving some interesting traces on
> the *langue d'oil*, which I am not competent to reconstruct.

But I posted too quickly.  Frank George Valoczy has just posted on
Conlang about his Brzhoneg (spelling?), the Latin-derived Celtic
substrate lang of Prydain-Fuin.  This is too good an opportunity
to lose.  So the Brzhoneg-speakers have held out, perhaps not too
well, against Standard French despite its being much less of a
language barrier, which suggests that maybe Occitan has held out too.
(I'm a modern American, and I favor multicultural states.
Maybe France *There* isn't quite so centralizing as *Here*: the
collapse of Occitan didn't really come till after the Revolution.)

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.