Re: Kemrese Flag

>I have Peter's address recorded incorrectly in my distribution list as
>pcskye@mindspring.net instead of pcskye@mindspring.com.  I have changed
>this in my address book.  My appologies to everyone if this has been
>causing you some confusion also.  And my appologies to Peter if you have
>been missing out on this discussion.
>
>- andrew.

Happy New Year, gentlemen!

Actually, I have been following the flag discussion quite closely, but
haven't chimed in for lack of anything meaningful (or even meaningless) to
contribute.

I have been greatly troubled by the simmering identity crisis which finally
boiled over when Kemr was approached by the European Community.
Television, newspapers, pubs, even the traditionally apolitical Church were
rocked for the first time by anything other than a rugby victory when the
question was asked: are we Latins and therefore oriented towards the
Mediterranean?  or are we Celts and should be champions of  the Atlantic?
is it sound national policy or just habit that we continue to play the
English off against the French?  and do we have more in common with Romania
than we'd like to think?

I find the flag issue quite emblematic of the times!

Peter

I still miss my man...
  but my aim is getting better.