Andrew catches up on his reading!

I appear to be lurking on my own list!  Oh well, that's the fate of any
list supervisor I suppose.

First, some house work:

John Schilke from the Language Development List has asked me if he can sit
in on our discussion so our numbers have increased to five.  Benwenid,
John!  The address list now is:

Padraic Brown	agricola@wam.umd.edu
Andrew Smith	hobbit@earthlight.co.nz
Peter Skye	pcskye@earthlink.net
Ray Brown	raybrown@macline.co.uk
John Schilke	schilkej@ohsu.edu

Please make your lists accordingly.

Further on lists, my flatmate works for the internet provider that I go
through, Earthlight.  He asked me recently if I wanted to set up a
Brithenig mailing list on his work computer Snail.  Thoughts please!  Do
we want to be the first mailing list on computerized Snail mail?

Note to Peter.  Yes you may put a link on your homepage to the Brithenig
homepage.  I consider all good homepages have a link to Brithenig!  My
page is www.earthlight.co.nz/users/andrew.  Let us know when you have your
page up.

Further on the revisions to the grammar:

For the moment I will continue to revise the grammar to include the plural
ending -n for nouns.  Adjectives and ys, sa, and yn will remain unchanged.
I think there may be good justification to favour _llo chas di'll of_ over
_casan ill of_ as this is the only reason to introduce a plural ending
that is not necessary elsewhere in the language, the second option is more
aesthetically pleasing to me though (but I do feel a historically logical
option must outweigh my own sense of aesthetics!)

As for the vocative, I favour using the soft mutation, with or without a
vocative particle.  Confusion with demonstrative pronouns means that _o_
is used with masculine nouns and _a_ is used with feminine nouns.

Back to our previously scheduled correspondance!  Addew!

- andrew.

Andrew Smith                                  <hobbit@earthlight.co.nz>
Life is short, so am I...